AFP Utah created a special investment fund in 2018 to start offering individual scholarships for AFP membership. We are excited to launch our scholarship program this fall, and will be granting 5 AFP membership scholarships for the 2019 calendar year.
Scholarship recipients will receive a free AFP membership (up to $250 value per scholarship) for one year, free registration to our Fundraising Day or Fundamentals of Fundraising day conference (whichever year it falls on), and member discount rates to all of AFP Utah's workshops for a year.
Scholarships focus on and are open to:
- Young professionals under the age of 30, or
- Those working at smaller sized nonprofit organizations with an annual operating budget less than $1 million.
Only one winner per organization per year.
Recipients will be selected by our nominations committee and notified in December 2018, with a public announcement event taking place in January 2019.
Individuals interested in applying should read the requirements below and complete the online scholarship application form before October 31, 2018.
- Recipients agrees to pay the local Utah chapter dues of $50.
- Recipients agrees to serve on an AFP Utah committee for a year.
- Recipients agrees to sign a waiver for photo and video promo usage.
- Recipients agrees to write a thank you note to our underwriting sponsors.
- Recipients agrees to volunteer at the Utah Philanthropy Day event and represent AFP Utah.
- Recipients agrees to participate in scholarship award event.
- Recipients agrees to write a testimonial or blog post at the end of the year describing how the scholarship benefited your professional growth and career.
Questions? Email our Scholarships Chair, Tim Johns.