The Associate Director of Alumni Engagement supports and develops strategic engagement opportunities for alumni, current students, and their families. This position works collaboratively with Westminster College student organizations, faculty, staff, and alumni board members to cultivate alumni and student engagement from all areas of campus. This position contributes to student success by engaging donor and alumni activity that results in revenue to support our students.
This position has the potential for a hybrid schedule, including up to two days working remotely, depending on the weekly and campus schedules.
Primary Responsibility & Description
Alumni and Student Engagement
Increase alumni affinity through replicable, scalable, sustainable initiatives that drive engagement and lead to philanthropy.
- Work in concert with the Director of Alumni Relations and Alumni Board members to create meaningful opportunities for alumni to connect with each other, the college community, and current/prospective students.
- Develop strategies and manage projects that engage current students in preparation for an active role as alumni.
- Hire, train and supervise student employees. Guide the day-to-day operations and manage scheduling of administrative student workers.
- Lead One Westminster Day alumni and community ambassador programming during annual fundraiser.
- Create and manage a campus-wide clearinghouse of alumni volunteer opportunities; serve as the point of contact for alumni volunteers.
- Engage alumni and community members through external communication, including newsletters, college and alumni websites, social media, email, and print publications.
- In collaboration with manager of advancement events, manage and staff alumni events, both locally and regionally. Travel to regional events as needed.
- Responsible for responding to in-person, online, and email alumni inquiries.
- Maintain alumni database and ensure engagement tracking.
- Collaborate with departments across campus for programming initiatives.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Extended hours, including evening and weekends will be required.
- Bachelor’s degree and four years of related paid or unpaid experience; or an equivalent combination of education, training, and experience.
- Proven ability to manage projects from conception through completion.
- Hands-on experience with current technology, digital communications and networking trends, including social media, email marketing, and virtual networking/engagement platforms.
- Independent and innovative self-starter who displays an ability to learn quickly and easily adapts to changing situations.
- High professional standards, with an eye for creativity and great attention to detail.
- Ability to communicate clearly, concisely and professionally both orally and in writing.
- Strong interpersonal skills are a must.
- High organizational ability, adherence to strict deadlines, and ability to manage concurrent projects and priorities.
- Ability to work with individuals with diverse backgrounds and perspectives in a respectful and inclusive manner.
- Experience researching topics to gain knowledge and understanding when information gaps exist.
- Ability to work evenings and weekends.
- Computer proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite and Google programs.
- Alumni of Westminster College.
- Experience in higher education or related work in alumni relations, or other advancement functions.
- Experience managing constituencies on a CRM platform (Blackbaud).
- Design experience using Canva.
- Grant writing experience.
Desired Start Date 02/01/2023
Special instructions to Applicants
Please submit a resume and cover letter detailing why you are a good fit for this position.
Established in 1875, Westminster College is a private non-profit, comprehensive higher-education institution in Salt Lake City, Utah, the heart of the Wasatch Front - a region of the country that marries remarkable natural beauty with a vibrant, thriving metropolitan area. Westminster has a strong academic reputation, deep community and alumni support, and a legacy of providing a student-centered liberal arts and professional education that transforms lives. Our dedicated faculty and staff provide excellent student-centered experiences because they receive institutional support through professional development, empathetic and flexible administration, and access to the vibrant surrounding environment. We can’t wait to welcome you into our community full of innovators and creators as we pursue excellence while promoting inclusiveness and respect for differences.
Diversity and Inclusion
Promote an Inclusive Westminster through demonstration of the commitments included in the Westminster College Diversity Statement. Participate in developmental activities to increase understanding and awareness of issues related to diversity, equity and inclusion both individually and as related to my field of work, profession or discipline.