Associate Philanthropic Specialist – Mid-Level Giving
To identify, cultivate, solicit, and steward a portfolio of prospective and existing PETA donors with the goal of retaining promising high-value donors and moving donors into the portfolios of the Philanthropic Specialists. This position works directly with the Director of Individual Giving Development on building out PETA’s pipeline of major donor prospects.
Term of Employment:
Primary Responsibilities and Duties:
- Build a portfolio of prospective and existing PETA donors by moving donors in and out of the portfolios of the Associate Philanthropic Specialist and Philanthropic Specialists
- With assistance from prospect research, evaluate assigned prospects and donors in their philanthropic potential by their capacity, inclination, affinity, and readiness to give
- Implement a communication plan (updates, invitations, proposals, reports) with mid-level donors and major gift prospects to cultivate relationships, solicit financial support, and provide stewardship for targeted and prospective PETA donors
- Identify and research appropriate "cases for giving" for targeted PETA donors
- Identify donors who wish to include PETA in their estate plans for follow-up by the Associate Philanthropic Specialist or a Philanthropic Specialist
Additional Responsibilities and Duties:
- Document pertinent information (meetings, correspondence, notes, research) for the purpose of enhancing and developing PETA donor profiles for PETA's major gifts database
- Stay up-to-date on current fundraising techniques and methods used in the nonprofit sector and attend professional-training seminars in both major and legacy gifts
- Staff fundraising events, as needed
- Perform any other duties requested by the supervisor
- Degree in a related field or equivalent experience required
- At least two years of experience with fundraising preferred
- Persuasive and explanatory written and verbal communication skills are critical to this position
- Proven excellent project management, strategic thinking, and analytical skills
- Demonstrated ability to work independently and maintain strict confidentiality at all times
- Proven ability to maintain professional working relationships with members and supporters
- Ability to represent PETA’s philosophy and professionally advocate PETA's positions on issues
- This position requires proof of the COVID-19 full vaccination and booster
- Professional appearance and adherence to a healthy vegan lifestyle
- Willingness and ability to travel on occasion to events, trainings, etc.
- Ability to lift and carry up to 20 lbs.
- Must be at least 21 years of age and have a valid U.S. driver's license, with a satisfactory driving record
- Commitment to the objectives of the organization
The hourly pay range for this position is $19.07 - $23.04 per hour. The ultimate hourly pay within this range that will be offered to a qualified candidate will be determined based on the candidate’s experience and the cost of living in the area in which the candidate will live and work.
A list of benefits available to qualified employees is available here.