Association of Fundraising Professionals, Utah Chapter
Chapter Administrator Position Description
The Chapter Administrator is a part-time position responsible for general administrative tasks to support the AFP Utah Board of Directors, members, and community. This person will assist the Chapter with membership customer service, conference and programming support, board and committee support, and basic financial services.
The pay rate for this position is $20.50/hr with an anticipated average five hours per week and increased hours during quarterly workshops, the annual spring conference, and Utah Philanthropy Day in the fall. This position will have set office hours, but will also support the chapter and respond to member inquiries opportunistically.
Membership and Administrative Support
- Work with AFP International to process membership renewals and new membership applications, provide a monthly membership report, and coordinate with membership committee chairs.
- Support membership committee on renewal, retention and acquisition campaigns.
- Coordinate with communications chair to ensure new members’ emails are added into listserve. Keep email list updated and clean.
- Provide support to webmaster to maintain and update the AFP Utah website.
- Act as liaison between the chapter office and international headquarters. Ensure that all reports required by headquarters are delivered on deadline.
- Assist Chapter leadership with annual chapter accord process. Keep historical records of event attendance, dates, topics, and impact throughout the year.
- Provide a friendly and timely response to all telephone calls and emails, directing applicable inquiries to appropriate officers or committee chairs.
- Make arrangements for and attend monthly board meetings.
- Provide storage for AFP Utah supplies and bring supplies to meetings and events, as requested.
- Ensure that historical records and digital files are kept up to date.
- Provide general administrative assistance to the chapter, as requested.
- Work with board leadership to assist with a smooth onboarding and training process for new board members.
Event and Programming Support
Provide support for all events and programs as follows:
- Manage event registrations, coordinate final details emails, and provide updated registration lists to the board and committees.
- Supervise on-site registration and coordinate volunteers at registration desk.
- Prepare post-conference attendance report and financial report.
Utah Philanthropy Day Stewardship Coordinator
- Track and follow up with committee members regarding sponsor stewardship, recognition, and sponsorship benefits.
- Track webpage forms (Stripe and Joomla) to assure all purchasing of tables, tickets, sponsorships, etc. are accounted for.
Financial and Accounting Services
The AFP Chapter uses a bookkeeping firm to deposit funds, reconcile accounts, prepare financial reports, and more. The Chapter Administrator will coordinate with the bookkeeping firm to help manage chapter financials. Working knowledge of Quickbooks preferred.
Administrator will also:
Provide financial and accounting services – utilizing Quickbooks -- as follows:
- Receive, process, and deposit funds paid to the association for member dues, programs and conference income, sponsorships, and other donations.
- Maintain and reconcile checking and savings accounts.
- Keep general ledger according to AFP Utah budget line items. Assist in the payment of invoices in a timely manner as directed by board leadership.
- Collect and report on income from dues, sponsorship, events, and other revenue activities. Provide monthly financial reports to chapter treasurer by the 1st of each month and other information to leadership following events, as requested.
- Assist treasurer in preparation of the annual budget as requested.
- Assist treasurer or CPA retained in preparation of the annual audit and filing of annual IRS Form 990. Coordinate with chapter leadership regarding IRS correspondence. Mail W9 and 1099 forms as necessary.
Desired Skills and Qualifications
- Exceptional people skills with an attention to customer service
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills and attention to detail
- Ability to maintain a high level of confidentiality
- Ability to work independently and with a diverse team
- Experience working with QuickBooks preferred
To apply, please submit a resume to Maybell McCan at .