Are you ready to build a rewarding career making a real impact, changing the world for people living with MS?
To realize our vision we need innovative, collaborative individuals who are motivated and are willing to do what it takes to get the job done. As a Society team member, you will work with urgency and relentless resolve so people with MS can live their best lives.
Does this sound like you? If so, take action now.
Join our dynamic team.
Do life changing work.
The Development Manager, Bike MS will oversee an assigned portfolio in the Utah – Southern Idaho market and ensure the successful implementation to reach fundraising and engagement goals. The Manager will cultivate positive relationships with the top participants/teams, volunteer committees, and corporate and community supporters. This position is responsible for relationship building and revenue growth through active management of a teams and top fundraiser portfolios.
Essential Function/Responsibility (80%)
Implement campaign strategies to engage, recruit, cultivate, and retain participants for assigned events to achieve fundraising success
- Collaborating with market leadership this position executes operational plans that focus on acquisition, retention and cultivation of top fundraisers, teams, participants, sponsors, etc.
- Manages and cultivates relationships with teams, top fundraisers, participants, sponsors, & volunteers to facilitate increased involvement and giving
- Provides staff support to volunteer committees, recruits, and trains volunteers
- Increases participant and local corporate partner engagement resulting in growth in registrations and fundraising revenue.
- Collaborating with team members, ensure all participants have a positive event experience
- Regularly monitor the performance of fundraising portfolio to ensure timely responsiveness to new registrants, to recognize fundraising and recruitment milestones and to maximize retention.
- Leverage mission related resource to engage participants during the year
- Steward top fundraisers and team captains year-round with mission focus and gratitude.
- Manages event budgets
- Coaches, develops, and supervises market staff responsible for executing the operational plan (when applicable); conducts performance reviews and provides mentorship and feedback to staff to further their skill development (when applicable)
- Other duties as assigned
Facilitates Volunteer Engagement for fundraising and event experience in the assigned event revenue portfolio (20%)
- Engage volunteers through meaningful and impactful work that is well defined and structured by employing the strategies, tools, and resources in their local market.
- Identify, develop, and grow volunteer capacity to achieve measurable and sustainable results while removing obstacles.
- Build and develop volunteer leadership committees to grow revenue and participation in Bike MS.
- Cultivate volunteers, seek, and provide feedback and shares opportunities for reciprocal growth and learning.
- Other duties as assigned
The National MS Society is committed to building a diverse and inclusive workforce. We strive to create a workforce that reflects the communities we serve and where everyone feels empowered to bring their authentic selves to work. We need you and your unique talents and perspectives to help us write the last chapter on MS.
- Bachelor's degree; relevant years of related experience will be considered in lieu of a degree
- 4+ years of related experience - previous management experience is a plus
- Previous non-profit experience preferred
- Ability to analyze metrics and recommend adjustments to market plans based on the data and results.
- Ability to manage multiple priorities and build strong relationships both internally and externally
- Goal driven
- Motivational style
- Commitment to the mission, vision, and values of the National MS Society
- Able to work occasional nights and weekends to support events
- This position will be required to drive/travel on Society business. Candidate must possess a valid driver's license, proof of insurance and reliable transportation. The Society does run motor vehicle checks for all positions which require driving and the applicant must meet the Society guidelines.
Estimated hiring compensation range for this role is $46,000 - $55,000. Final offers are based on candidate geographic location and will take into consideration candidate’s career experience. Final offers may vary from this range due to these and other factors.
The National Multiple Sclerosis Society provides a highly competitive, comprehensive benefit package to employees. These benefits include a considerable Paid Time Off Plan; Paid Holidays; 401k Retirement Savings Plan with Society match; Educational Reimbursement Plan; Professional Development Assistance; Commuter Benefit Plan; Comprehensive Health & Welfare benefits including Medical, Dental, Vision, Flex Spending Accounts, Life Insurance, Disability Coverage, Life Assistance Plan as well as additional voluntary benefit offerings.