The Director of Development is a member of the management team and is responsible for planning and implementing a comprehensive fundraising program that engages Utah philanthropists, national journalism leaders and our local communities in the work of the
nation’s first nonprofit metropolitan news organization.
The Director of Development will:
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Work with Chief Revenue Officer, Executive Editor and other senior staff to advance the Salt Lake Tribune’s mission, vision, strategic direction, and core strategies;
- Build a comprehensive program that includes individual giving, including major gifts; direct mail; planned giving; special events; and grants.
- Oversee and analyze donor and member data, strengthen programs and pipelines;
- Foster a mission-focused organizational culture that promotes excellence, effective collaboration, and continuous innovation and improvement.
- Engage board members in the fundraising process and ensure that all fundraising activities comply with all gift acceptance and ethics policies approved by the Board of Directors.
- Communicate with reporters and editors to identify areas of funding need and to ensure that funds allocated for reporting are used in the manner the donor intended.
- Lead or oversee the execution of events related to fundraising, including First Amendment Society events.
TRAINING AND QUALIFICATIONS
The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
This job is full-time and includes medical, vision and dental insurance; 401(k) matching; a cell phone stipend; downtown office with paid parking (all employees are remote until summer 2021); and support for professional training and industry conferences. The Development
Director reports to the Executive Editor and the Chief Revenue Officer.
Please send Resumes and Cover Letters to Tim Fitzpatrick at