The Office of Advancement at University of Utah Health is committed to building a culture of trust, compassion, collaboration, and responsibility, and it celebrates the contributions of those who advance U of U Health’s mission of excellence in education, research, patient care, and service to the community. The Stewardship Manager reports to the Director of Stewardship and is part of a dynamic and multi-faceted team of fundraising professionals. In an effort to foster relationships with U of U Health’s community of supporters, this position helps to plan, organize, and execute donor-centered programs, which includes donor correspondence and communications, customized and standardized stewardship reporting, engagement and recognition initiatives, and administrative functions. The Stewardship Manager also helps identify programmatic and operational improvements in order to ensure the department’s continued growth and enhancement.
This position is considered Category IIA: Not required on campus and has the ability to telework remotely for the duration of the University of Utah’s response to COVID-19. An employee hired into this role will be responsible for providing space, telephone, printing, networking and/or internet capabilities at the telecommute location and agree to the terms of the University of Utah campus and Health Academics COVID-19 Telecommuting Agreement.
University of Utah Job ID# PRN24513B - 00972 - Advancement-Univ Utah Health
COMPENSATION: $45,000 - $55,000
WORK SCHEDULE: Full Time
This job description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of employees assigned to the job.
• Assist with the assessment and scope of new stewardship initiatives and liaise with the team’s Production Manager to ensure all stewardship projects are documented and tracked
• Manage weekly distribution of donor acknowledgment correspondence
• Oversee the annual reporting process for endowed funds within Health Sciences
• Assist with the execution of donor recognition and engagement strategies
• Maintain stewardship databases and provide reporting and trainings to colleagues, as requested
• Provide administrative support to Director of Stewardship and Strategic Engagement team within the U of U Health Office of Advancement, as requested
• Support departmental events through the production of stewardship collaterals and attendance, as requested
• Assist with special projects and new initiatives
• Demonstrated ability to plan and manage projects, including the coordination of multiple simultaneous tasks
• Strong written and verbal communication skills
• Exceptional attention to detail
• Ability to work independently, meet deadlines, and produce high-quality deliverables
• Exemplary customer service skills
• Proficiency in Microsoft Office, particularly Word and Excel
• Ability to manage confidential information with discretion and tact
• Demonstrated ability to work with others in a collaborative setting
• General understanding of donor relations principles
Work Environment and Level of Frequency typically required
Nearly Continuously: Office environment.
Physical Requirements and Level of Frequency that may be required
Nearly Continuously: Sitting, hearing, listening, talking.
Often: Repetitive hand motion (such as typing), walking.
Seldom: Bending, reaching overhead.
QUALIFICATIONS: Bachelor’s degree English, Journalism, Communications, or related field plus 3 years of related experience, or equivalency; excellent technical writing and verbal communication skills; familiarity with a variety of computer software; project management and strong interpersonal skills; ability to work both individually and in a team setting.
Some areas may require additional experience with specific computer systems and may require skills in interviewing, ad copy writing, editing, photography, web writing, graphic design, audio & video production, and oral presentation.
Master’s degree in a related field may be preferred.
Applicants must demonstrate the potential ability to perform the essential functions of the job as outlined in the position description.
PREFERENCES: Preferences include experience with CRM databases and a background in charitable giving or alumni relations.
TO APPLY, VISIT: http://utah.peopleadmin.com/postings/108384
EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY
The University of Utah is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity employer. Upon request, reasonable accommodations in the application process will be provided to individuals with disabilities. Please contact the Office of Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action, 201 S. Presidents Cr., Rm 135, (801) 581-8365 (V/TDD), for further information or to request an accommodation. The University of Utah is committed to diversity in its workforce. Women and minorities are encouraged to apply.