Provides support services for laboratory animal care as part of a dedicated team utilizing specialized equipment to process all types of animal care items. Keeps detailed records of sanitation and procedure efficacy. Position involves standing, bending, lifting for the duration of the work day. This is an entry level position which offers full benefits and a career advancement path including certification training and support.
University of Utah Job ID# PRN25825B - 00717 - Office of Comparative Medicine
COMPENSATION: $12.00 - $14.18/hour
WORK SCHEDULE: Full Time, 7:00 am – 3:30 pm, M-F
1. Sorts, disassembles, disinfects and reassembles animal cages.
2. Operates autoclaves, washers and cleaning machinery.
3. Performs simple maintenance of washing equipment.
4. Informs maintenance staff or management of any active or potential problems.
5. Maintains proper inventory levels of cage washing disinfectant, bedding and feed supplies.
6. Completes proper documentation of all duties performed.
7. Transports cages and supplies between different locations.
8. Recommends improvements in efficiency and quality.
9. Maintains an understanding of departmental objectives and applicable regulations.
QUALIFICATIONS: Six months experience in an animal, laboratory or customer service-related field or equivalency; demonstrated human relations and effective communication skills required. Ability to move up to 50 pounds may be required in some areas. This position is not responsible for providing patient care.
PREFERENCES: Six months work experience in sanitation and/or materials handling environment
TO APPLY, VISIT: https://utah.peopleadmin.com/postings/113930
EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY
The University of Utah is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity employer. Upon request, reasonable accommodations in the application process will be provided to individuals with disabilities. Please contact the Office of Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action, 201 S. Presidents Cr., Rm 135, (801) 581-8365 (V/TDD), for further information or to request an accommodation. The University of Utah is committed to diversity in its workforce. Women and minorities are encouraged to apply.