We have an exciting opportunity for a Business Development Director (sales/fundraising) within our Salt Lake City office .
In this role, you will be responsible for the planning, management and implementation of the annual Go Red For Women and Heart & Stroke Ball campaigns.
This position will be directly responsible for the cultivation of corporate sponsorships, stewardship of individual donors and volunteer recruitment for both campaigns to meet an overall fundraising goal of $500K between the two campaigns.
Essential Job Duties:
- Identifying and recruiting a group of an influential, financially strong and inclusive volunteer leadership members to support each campaign
- Activating and motivating volunteer leadership team through their personal and corporate giving and influencing involvement and giving of others
- Developing a year-round pipeline and cultivation plan for corporate accounts and donors with an approach that matches donor interests with AHA's mission
- Driving new business development through corporate sponsorship
- Planning, managing and executing events and strategically evaluating campaign growth opportunities
- Conducting community networking and outreach through 10+ face-to-face meetings on weekly basis with donors, volunteers and sponsor prospects
- Communicating timely with Executive Director and internal and external customers
- Manage event logistics including, but not limited to, event promotions, entertainment, and auctions.
(Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.)
Salary/Benefits: While we can only contact those applicants deemed most qualified for the position, we do appreciate all applicants for their interest and effort in applying. Attracting hardworking, committed employees means offering a competitive benefits package, ongoing professional development and training, and a diverse and inclusive environment in which to work and grow. And we do.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience
- Minimum 2-5 years’ experience in fundraising, sales, business development or marketing
- Ability to recruit, train and manage volunteers
- Demonstrated skills in negotiation and motivation
- Ability to apply sound judgment and problem-solving skills to conflicts
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment
- Ability and willingness to travel and to work evenings and weekends on occasion
- Proven outside sales experience, business-to-business experience
- Knowledge and skills in fundraising principles, practices and techniques
- Experience managing and cultivating high-level leaders at the c-suite level
- Knowledge of local corporate and community networks
Knowledge of AHA's mission and programs