The Intermountain Foundation operates as a shared-service model with a Central Office and systems that drive efficient, sustainable and predictable high-yield fundraising outcomes through local, facilities-based, as well as system-level development activities. The Foundation Operations Management Specialist is an Operations position that serves as liaison to functional areas across the system and oversees a myriad of complex and diverse special and ongoing projects and programs that ensure the Foundation’s businesses success, while also aligning with Intermountain’s cultural and compliance standards.
The Foundation Operations Management Specialist reports to the AVP, Foundation Operations at the Foundation’s Central Office and interfaces regularly with members of the Foundation Leadership Team (FLT), local Foundation executive leaders, as well as cross-functional colleagues across the system. The candidate must be able to work independently and with limited daily direction, exercise good judgment, and manage multiple projects at once with keen attention to details.
Major duties include: managing Foundation industry supplier relationships, in collaboration with Supply Chain colleagues, including new and ongoing Foundation contracts, as well as corresponding purchase orders and invoices; and serving as Foundation liaison to Intermountain’s Governance Office, which includes a myriad of responsibilities related to administrative support to local Foundation Philanthropy Boards and the local executive leaders who manage those Boards; managing governance portal (BoardVantage) for Philanthropy Boards; supporting system-level and Foundation-specific Board activities and events; managing fringe benefit reporting; coordinating standardized board member gifts; and supporting annual compliance requirements (e.g. Conflict-of-Interest Disclosures; Confidentiality Agreements; and other).
Additional responsibilities include:
1. Overseeing the management – acceptance, receipt and acknowledgment – of non-cash donations (in-kind gifts).
2. Partnering with Intermountain’s Volunteer Services leadership to coordinate Community Drop-Off Donations at local facilities and partner with R1’s Financial Assistance, Specialty & Eligibility Manager to facilitate the acceptance of in-kind medical product donations from Suppliers.
3. Coordinating the development and maintenance of the Foundation’s Policies, Procedures and Guidelines (PPGs) as well as Foundation-wide professional development opportunities (e.g. special guest speakers; Foundation Grand Rounds; other).
4. Providing grant administration support for new and active grants with contractual requirements for reporting.
5. Supporting industry group membership management (e.g. AHPrime, Advisory Board, other) and researching and identifying industry best practices to enhance Central Office efforts to become an industry leader in philanthropy.
6. Providing audit support, when needed (for both internal and external business audits).
7. Provide highest possible level of customer service to Foundation staff and other stakeholders while executing organizational objectives.
Must meet one of the following:
Strong project management skills with demonstrated detail orientation, timeliness, and ability to work under pressure.
Demonstrated advanced writing skills that produce clear, accurate, and persuasive communications.
Demonstrated effective interpersonal skills, including relationship building and strong in-person, phone, and email communication with various internal and external constituents.
Demonstrated ability to manage multiple projects at once while working independently with appropriate direction and providing key informational updates to management.
Critical thinking and problem-solving.
Teamwork and collaboration.
Professionalism and strong work ethic.
Experience using word processing, presentation, spreadsheet, database, internet, email, and scheduling applications.
Fundraising experience in a healthcare environment.
Functional working experience with Blackbaud Raiser’s Edge.
Experience working in a complex, matrix organization.
High level of flexibility and adaptability while remaining productive and solutions-oriented.