Gifted Music School seeks a dynamic and innovative Development Associate to join our passionate and committed team. The ideal candidate will work to support a strategic fundraising plan to include both operational and capital fundraising, coordinating and engaging with individual donors, corporations, and foundations. Work will include donor communication and database management, event coordination (including the 10thAnniversary Gala Performance at Abravanel Hall), prospect research, grant writing, and coordination of the Board’s Development Committee. In a growing organization with a small executive team, this position provides an excellent path for professional growth and an opportunity to advance into a high level role.
- Donor Communication and Database Management
Grant Writing and Management
- Processes and acknowledges all donations and pledges received.
- Responds to donor requests for organizational information, in coordination with the executive team.
- Organizes and manages donor recognition events and opportunities.
- Maintains and updates physical and digital files for corporate, foundation, and individual donors.
Special Event Coordination
- Works with executive team to draft and compile information for annual grants, as well as follow up reporting.
- Prospect research for new grant opportunities.
- Organizes fundraising events, private concerts, and other events.
- Works with executive team to recruit corporate, foundation, and individual event sponsors.
- Coordinates meetings for the Development Committee of the Board of Directors, in coordination with the Development Committee Chair.
- Works with board and capital committee members to develop, maintain, and assess major gift prospect lists.
The ideal candidate would possess:
- Bachelor's Degree in related field preferred.
- At least two years of fundraising and development experience preferred.
- Demonstrated ability to think strategically and to develop innovative and aggressive fundraising methods.
- Strong verbal and written communications skills.
- Commitment to be a high-performance team player.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office and donor database management.
- Demonstrated organizational, staff and project management abilities.
- Excellent networking skills.
- A passion for music and/or arts education is ideal.
Qualified applicants should email a resume and letter of interest to Katherine Potter at . Upon reviewing your application, the search committee may invite you to interview at Gifted Music School.